Frankfurt is one of the largest European financial centers, an open-minded, tolerant, and multi-cultural city full of life:
Its renowned opera, theatre, and ballet companies invite you for a visit, just as the numerous museums on the banks of the river Main. Discover the local charme and the traditional cuisine in tiny neighbourhoods, such as Sachsenhausen, just some minutes from the glittering skyline of the Frankfurt financial district. Many other places for day- and nighttime excursions are also to be found in the city suburbs.
Or relax in one of the inner city parks: the Palmengarten (botanical gardens) and public central parks welcome you.
The area around Frankfurt is known for the Rhine valley with its picturesque vineyards, historical villages and castles. Nearby you find the famous university towns of Mainz and Heidelberg. Cologne and Munich can easily be reached from Frankfurt too.
You'll find additional information on all of these sights at the "zentrum".
Places of interest in Frankfurt:
- opera, theatres, ballet, variety theatre
- famous fairs (international car fair, book fair, etc.)
- festivals (Mainfest, Dippemess, Museumsuferfest)
- historical buildings (Cathedral, Römer, Old opera, Hauptwache etc.)
- museums, Palmengarten, public parks
- neighbourhoods, arts and crafts
- Goethe-Haus, historical buildings
- skyline, Main-Tower, highrisers' festival